My Shopping Bag
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Jan 21, 2020
One of the most restorative things you can do for yourself, each and every day, is to get a proper night’s sleep. Resting each night reduces stress, boosts your immune system, and helps to maintain a healthy mind. With all of life’s excitement, sleep can be tough to prioritize! However, by making a few simple changes, you can give yourself the luxurious sleep that you deserve. Below are our favourite tips for getting a refreshing sleep that helps you conquer your day.
Being active during the day can help you create wonderful sleep at night. Being active works the muscles of the body while sending relaxation signals to the brain. A tired body, along with a relaxed mind, creates the perfect environment for sleep. However, it’s important to remember that exercise brings about an energy boost immediately after, so don’t exercise right before bed! If you’re having trouble sleeping, hit up your favourite hot yoga class in the morning or meet a friend for a walk after work – you’ll feel rejuvenated while preparing your body for bedtime.
Creating a routine before bed signals to your body that bedtime is on the horizon. Eventually, having an established bedtime routine will make it easier for your body to fall asleep by the time that you lie down in your bed. The key to a bedtime routine is relaxation; you’ve put your energy into your day and now you deserve some time to take care of yourself.
Some of the most relaxing things you can incorporate into your bedtime routine include:
- Taking a long bath or shower. The hot water does more than relax your body and your mind. We tend to experience deeper sleep when we have a lower internal temperature. By heating up the body with warm water, our internal temperature drops, making it easier for us to fall asleep.
- Drinking a warm cup of decaffeinated tea. Many herbal teas contain ingredients, such as chamomile, that relax the brain. The ritual of making a warm cup of tea, holding it in your hands, and simply enjoying the flavours can help to reset your brain from day to nighttime mode.
- Reading or writing in your journal. It has been proven that the light from your TV, laptop or phone can keep your brain alert and prevent you from falling asleep. However, getting lost in a favourite book or writing about your day can be beneficial for relaxing the mind and quieting any remaining stresses.
- Putting on your favourite sleepwear. Removing the clothes that you’ve worn all day and replacing them with pajamas or loungewear that make you feel comfortable and calm can be a very soothing ritual. A matching set of silk pajamas adds some sophistication to the comfort of bedtime, and a silk robe can wrap your body in the softness that it deserves to relax.
Getting high-quality sleep can be a direct result of your environment. Your bedroom should be the perfect place to rest your head at night, with every single component focused on providing the best possible sleep. This involves engaging all the senses to make your body realize that it is time to rest.
The best ways to make your bedroom the ultimate destination for sleep are:
- Making sure that your room is clean and appealing. You should be excited to indulge in sleep and its harder to enjoy going to bed when you’re worrying about piles of laundry or liking a littles the art above your bed. Add elements of your personal style and keep clutter at bay so that retreating to your bed at night makes you feel comforted.
- Turning your phone off. It’s easy to become distracted by the light of your phone, tempting you to respond to your friends’ late-night messages or scroll through Instagram for an hour. Turn your phone off or put it in another room so you can focus on sleep. Use it for your alarm? Set it and forget it. Resist the urge to pick it up and scroll.
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark. It has been found that people sleep best when they’re in a cool room and there is minimal light. Make sure that you have equipped your room to create the ideal sleeping temperature for you so that you aren’t overheating and risking waking up because you aren’t comfortable anymore. The same goes for darkness; investing in blackout blinds can keep any bright lights from getting into your room. (Make sure that you’re opening the blinds in the morning; seeing the sun in the morning helps to energize you and get you out of bed!)
- Minimizing noise. If you have thin walls, a partner who snores or live on a busy street, it is likely that you’ve experienced some sleep disruption. A white noise machine or a high-quality pair of earplugs can help to create a quieter environment that will help your body focus on getting to sleep instead of distractions.
Our favourite way of making sure that we get a fantastic sleep every night is by falling asleep in silk sleepwear. Whether that be a sumptuous piece of lingerie or a basic pajama set that brings that soft, silky feeling to the whole body, indulging in silk is proven to give you the best sleep possible.
Silk is soft and smooth on the skin; putting on your favourite silk piece before bed is an indulgent act that you can enjoy every day. Let your silk be a symbol of relaxation. You know that you deserve the best sleep with sleepwear that makes you feel excellent.
After falling asleep wrapped in silk, you’ll continue to reap its benefits. The fabric wicks away moisture, keeping your body temperature consistent and preventing overheating. Your internal temperature will be maintained, encouraging a deeper sleep that lasts throughout the night.
There are also many beauty benefits that come from sleeping in silk. Silk is hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin; meaning you will wake up feeling your best. Silk also encourages moisture retention, which improves the overall integrity and appearance of the skin. For those conscious of the effects of ageing, the combination of the gentle fabric and moisture retention can help to prevent wrinkles.
Getting a great sleep each night makes an impact on your whole life. Let NK iMODE be a part of your best possible sleep with our high-quality silk sleepwear. Each NK iMODE garment is made with sustainable practices and features 100% biodegradable silk charmeuse. Start by looking at our silk pajama sets and enjoy a luxurious, high-quality sleep!